Tuesday, December 3, 2019

A Promise to My Future Self

Dear Trudy,


In an effort to call a truce with food, I need to promise you that I will NEVER take you on a crazy diet journey again.  


Nor will I get caught up in the shiny distractions of the next best diet or nutrition plan.


I will HONOR the feeling of being hungry and I will feed myself accordingly.  


I will not ignore biological hunger cues or deprive myself any longer. 


I will not eliminate any foods I love for the sake of a diet or a meal plan.


I promise to give you full permission to eat what you want at any time. You do not need to feel like you need to eat all the things because you won’t be able to have certain foods again. 


I will not calorie count, measure, or weigh my food. 


The scale no longer has control over my thoughts, joy, attention. 


I will love you, honor you, and accept you for who you are, not because of the image I see in the mirror, the number on the scale, or the validation I get from others.





Emotions and hormones will not send me to the pantry looking for a way to fill a void. 


Instead, I will recognize those emotions and deal with them in a way that doesn’t involve food as a means of comfort. 

This may include reading a book, taking a bath, listening to music, going for a walk, journaling, watching a movie with the family. 


I will commit to exercise for enjoyment not for a sense of validation or punishment for eating the wrong foods.

I will take captive any thoughts that will keep me from having a healthy relationship with food and body image.


Girl, you are strong, beautiful, intelligent.  You can do hard things. God gave you hunger cues and a unique body. It’s time to honor and glorify Him by taking care of yourself in a healthy way both mentally and physically. Let go...He's already battling for you and the victory is His.


Love,
Your Beautiful Self, Trudy

No comments :

Post a Comment