Friday, May 11, 2018

How did I get here and what does God have to do with it???

Food...it's a good thing right??? Until it's not! Until it's your weakness...until it's the THING the enemy will use against you!

This fitness journey...it's been 5 years for me!

I've had my ups and downs, yo-yoing 20-30 pounds! 

I've been on extreme diets....keto, competition diets, restrictive diets, you name it! I've tried it! See, my problem lies in the faith I put into those diets.  They become my little "g" gods! I follow them to a T! ALL I think about is my next meal, how much I get to eat, and if it will taste good! Little "g" God!


SOOOOO, how did I get from here....

To here....

Failing forward!!!

What have I learned in my failures?!?! How will I make things right???

1) I need to put God FIRST in my life! Fixing my eyes on HIM in ALL that I do! SURRENDER ALL (yes ALL) to HIM! 

2) I read my devotional, then I workout! IN THAT ORDER! Workouts can become a little "g" gods too! 

3) No foods are off limits because when I label foods as "bad" they tempt me and I fixate on them! When I have the option to eat an ice cream and I DON'T that gives me power over that temptation! I know that clean foods and portion control help me feel better physically.  So I will be intentional about those things.  If I slip up, I WON'T beat myself up!

So what does God has to do with my health journey...EVERYTHING!!!

2 Corinthians 12:9-11(NIV)

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
Will I continue to have my ups and downs??? Maybe!!! But when I have my heart and mind in the right place, I can't help but succeed! 


No comments :

Post a Comment