Tuesday, October 21, 2014

We Are Adopting!!!

We are adopting!!! There I said it! I can say that now because we are finally far enough along in our process that it feels real! For quite some time we were going through the motions.  The motions of collecting the ginormous list of paperwork that we got lost in the reality that WE ARE ADOPTING! Ahhh! It feels so good to say it!

Today, I realized that there is a pretty good chance that our little girl has been born.  That she is out there needing a mommy and well, I can't be there for her yet! Tears....a flood of tears ran down my face.  I know that God knows who she is and that He is protecting her in our absence but I cannot help but feel helpless. I often envision what she looks like and what it will be like when we meet her for the very first time! 

Oh the many emotions I have....the happiness that we will be saving a life, the fear that we can't save them all once we reach Haiti, the desire to do something BIG for these orphans once we get there.  God has big plans for our big family and I am so excited to see them played out!    

No comments :

Post a Comment