Thursday, February 19, 2015

Disney Princess Glass Slipper Challenge


Today my husband and I leave for the Disney Princess Glass Slipper Challenge!!!  If you would have told me 2 years ago that I would be running 19.3 miles within 24 hours, I would have told you you were crazy! Here is a picture of my husband and I, 2 years ago at our son's first birthday party.  We were overweight, tired, and lazy just going through the motions of life.  We spent evenings sitting on the couch and watching tv, wasting the precious time we had with our children! Four months after this picture was taken we decided that we were going to LIVE our lives and make a change! We decided that we were important and worth the time and investment in ourselves!!!

This journey that we are on has brought us closer as a couple and as a family! Eating well and exercising has forever changed our lives!  Here we are just 2 months ago! 110 pounds lost together, hand in hand, high fiving each other every STINKIN' difficult step along the way!!! He is my rock, my cheerleader, my biggest supporter, and biggest motivator! He is up for any challenge I put in front of him even if it is a princess race! Keeper??? I think so!
As we pack our things and get ready to embark on this major bucket list item, I am weepy because never in my wildest dreams did I think that at age 37 I would be conquering such a huge accomplishment!!!  I am excited, scared, but thankful for my health and my God who allows me to get up each and every morning and reach my goals!!! Lets do this!!! Cannot wait to share my experience with you when we return!!! 

No comments :

Post a Comment